The WhiteCap visualizer is a highly configurable add on for your media player with a wide range of impressive effects.
WhiteCap works with most media players out there, including the more popular iTunes, Windows Media Player or Winamp. The free version has a few limitations but you can still choose from a number of wave shapes and backgrounds. You'll only have one color scheme to work with though. From the settings menu you can adjust frame rate width and height and sound response scale.
If you pay for the Gold or Platinum versions of the program, you'll be able to save up to five presets.
Apart from the setup menu, which is really easy to use, I was well impressed by the effects themselves. The morphing wire frame effects really flow and manage to capture the essence and rhythm of different tracks really well.
Although the free version has its limitations, WhiteCap is an impressive visualizer for iTunes. Kick back and enjoy!
- * 3 new Backgrounds and 4 new WaveShapes by Andy!
- * Fixed screen saver crash in some cases under OS X.
- * Addressed the "black screen" issue in Windows Media Center (caused by an issue in WMC).
- * Addressed issue where double-clicking in WMP would cause a blank screen or crash.
- * Fixed depth buffer issues under Windows/Direct3D.
- * Fixed fail to enter to full screen mode in the Standalone app on OS X.
- * Fixed issue where clicking 'Settings' would result in an error on non-English setups.
- * Added support for J. River Media Center 15.
- * Now using Python 2.6.5.